Window cleaning is a tough job. Not only do you have to worry about the height, but you also have to deal with the dirt and the grime. And if you’re working in Toronto, you’re also dealing with the cold winters! So how much does a window cleaner make in Toronto? Read on to learn about the factors that affect the salary of a window cleaner in Toronto.
Expert window cleaning services in Toronto are in demand because of the city’s tall buildings. Many window cleaners are self-employed and work on a contract basis. Some cleaning companies hire workers as employees. To become a professional window cleaner, you don’t need any formal education, but you must be able to demonstrate your skills.
Window cleaners typically perform the following tasks:
- Climb ladders or operate lifts to access windows
- Clean windows using cleaning solutions and scrapers
- Squeegee windows dry
- Apply protective treatments to prolong the cleanliness of the glass
- Polish window frames and sills
- Restock supplies such as cleaning solutions and scrapers
The salary of a window cleaner in Toronto also depends on their experience level. A cleaner with several years of experience can earn more than a beginner. Experienced cleaners are more efficient and can handle more difficult cleaning tasks.
The geographic location of the window cleaner will affect their salary. In general, window cleaners in large cities will make more money than those in smaller towns. For example, a window cleaner in Toronto is likely to make more than a window cleaner in a small town in Ontario.
Geographic location also affects the cost of living. A window cleaner in New York City will need to make more money than a window cleaner in rural Ohio to maintain the same standard of living. The direct cost of living in Toronto is higher than in most other parts of Canada, so window cleaners in Toronto will need to make more money to maintain their standard of living.
A window cleaning company in Toronto that employs unionized workers will typically pay its employees a higher wage than one that does not. This is because unionized workers have greater job security and are more likely to receive health insurance and paid vacation days.
The salary for window cleaners in Toronto also varies according to the size of the company they work for. Larger companies may be able to offer higher salaries and more benefits than smaller ones.
Type of Window Cleaning
There are different types of window cleaning, each with its benefits and drawbacks.
The most common types are:
- Residential window cleaning: This is typically performed on homes and small businesses. It can be done manually or with the help of a machine.
- Commercial window cleaning involves cleaning larger windows, such as those found in office buildings and skyscrapers. It is typically done with the help of a machine.
- Industrial window cleaning: This cleaning is performed on large windows, such as those found in factories and warehouses. It is usually done with the help of a machine.
Call M&M Professional Window Cleaners in Toronto for a free quote! We have been providing Toronto with top-quality window cleaning services for many years. M&M Professional Window Cleaners is a fully insured and bonded company.